An Illinois man was sentenced to 15 years in prison for uploading and downloading child pornography from the darkweb forum “Playpen.”
A man from O’Fallon was sentenced to 15 years in prison for distributing and receiving child pornography, federal prosecutors said Friday.
In 2014, William L. Isaac, 54, uploaded child porn to a chat room that was being investigated by the FBI, prosecutors said. In September of 2017, he told FBI agents that he’d uploaded images and videos containing child porn to chat rooms in the past and browsed child porn on the dark web once a month, including that same morning, prosecutors said.
A search of his computer found 67 child porn videos that had been downloaded between July and September 2017.
Isaac pleaded guilty in January to two counts of distribution of child porn and one count of receiving child porn.
William L. Isaac, 54, of O’Fallon, has been sentenced to 15 years in federal prison for distributing and receiving child pornography over the internet, U.S. Attorney Steven D. Weinhoeft announced March 22.
Chief United States District Judge Michael J. Reagan, who handed down the sentence, ordered five additional years of supervised release. Isaac also agreed to pay $3,000 in restitution to an identified victim whose image was found in the collection of child pornography he possessed.
In 2014, on two separate occasions, Isaac uploaded child pornography to a website chat room, according to a release from the federal court. Isaac’s activities were captured by the FBI, which was conducting a nationwide investigation of the website at the time, the release stated.
In September 2017, during a voluntary interview with local FBI agents, Isaac confessed he had uploaded images and videos of child pornography to chat rooms in the past.
Isaac also admitted he regularly browsed child pornography images on the dark web, most recently on the morning of his confession, according to the court. A consensual search of his computer revealed the presence of 67 child pornography videos, including videos depicting children in bondage, child torture, and the sexual abuse of infants and toddlers, as noted in the press release. The videos had been downloaded between July and September 2017.
Earlier this year, Isaac pleaded guilty to a three-count indictment, charging two counts of child pornography distribution and one count of knowingly receiving child pornography over the internet.
This case was brought as part of Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative launched in May 2006 by the Department of Justice to combat the growing epidemic of child sexual exploitation and abuse.