Paris wrote 15 hours ago that Dread will be offline in 48 hours so Dread will likely be offline in ~30 hours or so. (Unless Paris is on Dread™ time. )
The update is probably the biggest in Dread’s history. Lot in there. But the captcha is what I am most happy about.
After many weeks of testing, corrections, updates, refinements, and just overall improvements we are just about ready.
- A redesigned and custom search system is back and better than ever. Near instant search of over 2 MILLION public submissions.
- Moderation is greatly improved with an option to show moderation logs to the public.
- New captcha for both endgame and dread.
- Store system with automated advertisement invoicing, awards (like reddit), a donation leaderboard, and premium membership (which removes captcha requirements).
- I2P endpoint with a memorable name (dreadtoobigd…).
- Updated and public market standard requirements which will set a minimum for markets on Dread to meet (which you can view now if you can guess the pathing).
- Interest selection for subdread suggestions making finding communities valuable to you much easier to find.
- NO REFRESH VOTING!
- POST POLLS!
- Reporting on a per message basis on conversations (which are fed into a new anti-spam system).
- Vast improvements for in browser caching systems to reduce page sizes by up to 80%.
- 100X increase in pagination on the frontpage and all.
- Referral systems so when registration is locked down you can refer others so they can still create accounts.
- A lot of bug fixes and many many more features for you to discover.
During the downtime /d/recon will go down as well. No update yet for recon but it will be coming I hope a lot sooner than this update was.
I personally hope this update will be a much welcome surprise.